I am a private piano and music theory teacher in Vancouver with more than 15 years teaching experience and 25 years of playing experience. I teach piano with enthusiasm, patience, and commitment so we can encourage your child to fully appreciate the beauty of music and sound.
When teaching, my motivation is seeing students overcome new challenges in learning music, enjoying the music they play, and having fun on the piano.
I welcome beginner, intermediate, and advanced level students to my studios, and meet potential new students for an initial interview and audition. I tailor each lesson plan based on the Royal Conservatory of Music and the London College of Music curricula, the goals of the student, and/or their musical interests.
My teaching methods are centered on helping students achieve technical excellence, as well as artistic development. During lessons, I help students focus on:
· playing with clear musical intonation and intention
· learning to control the touch, pressure, and tone of each note
· helping students listen to their own music to self-correct errors and recognize areas for improvement
· emphasizing sight reading and musicianship
· pursuing, challenging, and expanding skills to achieve the next level of technical playing
As a piano teacher, I aim to help students not only acquire a strong basic foundation for playing proficiently, but to also understand the musical elements and context of every piece they learn. Above all, I encourage students to appreciate and enjoy the music they play.